As part of preparation of the rollout of GigaFiber, Reliance Jio has updated the Jio4GVoice app for android users and renamed it to JioCall. JioCall enables fixed line calling. This paves the way for non-VoLTE smartphone users to make calls through Jio Network.
Jio GigaFiber services have been introduced to limited number of users in some cities for testing purpose. Reliance Jio has not yet provided any information on the commercial launch of Jio GigaFiber services in India.
JioCall App – the new features
The features in the JioCall app (formerly Jio4GVoice app) include:
- JioCall app now makes it possible for the non-VoLTE users to make call using the Jio 4G Network.
- On launch of Jio GigaFiber, the fixed line connections could be a part of GigaFiber offering. The JioCall app will enable you to use the GigaFiber fixed calling line on your smartphone which will further enable you to make audio & video calls on your smartphone through your GigaFiber fixed line number.
- The Jio customers have to add the 10-digit fixed line number in Jio Call app to enable smart calling. Fixed line users will get a Fixed Line profile in JioCall which enables calling on your smartphone.
- There is no need of Jio SIM. You just have to configure your 10-digit fixed line number in Jio Call app without any requirement of Jio SIM.
- All the old features of Jio4GVoice app are still available including VoLTE support for existing 2G, 3G and 4G phone to enable HD Voice & Video calling. The app also enables VoLTE calling using JioFi device.
- RCS (Rich Communication Services) feature is now available on Jio 4G network by updating your Jio4GVoice app to JioCall app. This feature is available only for Jio SIM users as of now. RCS enables unified messaging on your smartphone with Rich Call, Chat, Group Chat, in-call file sharing, location sharing, doodles and stickers.
- JioCall app is available only for Android users as of now. iOS users will have to wait for the update.
How to update or download Jio Call App
- If you are already using Jio4GVoice App, you can update it on your PlayStore or AppStore. Once the update process is complete, the Jio4GVoice app will transform itself to JioCall app and you will be able to use the new features.
- For android users, you can search the app on Google PlayStore to install JioCall app directly on your smartphone.
- For iOS users, you will have to wait as the update to JioCall app is still not provided on Appstore.
Has Jio launched its landline services?
Jio is expected to launch the fixed line service as part of Jio GigaFiber. Jio has not yet announced any probable dates for launch of Jio GigaFiber. But, Jio GigaFiber has been introduced to some users for testing Jio GigaFiber network. Among these GigaFiber users, some users claim to have received fixed line access through the Gigahub Home Gateway.
If you have already installed JioCall app, please do share your experience with the new features in the comments section.
Please also share your feedback on this post.