There are many calculators available in the market that doesn’t have an “OFF” button to switch off the calculator. How to turn off calculator without “OFF” button? I get a lot of queries looking for an answer to this question. Let me try to address this problem in this post.
The easiest way to turn off a calculator
I am going to share with you the easiest way to switch off a calculator. And you literally don’t have to do anything if you want to use this method. Just let the calculator switch itself off automatically. All these calculators without an “OFF” button would turn off automatically after remaining idle for a set amount of time. It is programmed to turn off automatically by the manufacturer of the calculator. So, just don’t bother and leave the calculator idle to turn itself off.
The forced methods
Now, some might feel uneasy to leave the calculator idle to turn itself off. They want to switch off the calculator on their own. How is it possible without an “OFF” button? I will share some methods which you might find helpful.
How to turn off a calculator by force?
Press the buttons in the following order :
- ÷ (Press Divide Button)
- X (Press Multiply Button)
- % (Press Percentage Button
- CHECK (Press Check Button)
- CORRECT ( Press Correct Button)
- CORRECT (Press Correct Button again)
You will be able to switch off your device after following the above steps.
The above method will work on most of the calculators.
Other methods to turn off calculator by force
- Press & hold the button “2” & “3” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button “5” & “6” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button ” ÷ ” & “X” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button ” 9 ” & “-” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button ” 1 “, “2”, “4” & “6” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button ” 1 “, “3”, “4” & “5” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button ” 1 “, “2” & “3” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button “ON” & “C” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button “ON” & “CE” simultaneously.
- Press & hold the button “ON” & “AC” simultaneously.
Another forced method
Most of the calculators nowadays have solar charging facility. Solar calculators get automatically charged by the solar power. If you have a calculator with solar charging facility, the simple way to switch off solar calculators is to cover the solar strip with your thumb to stop it from receiving solar energy. Once the calculator stops receiving solar power, it will switch off automatically.
The best method to switch off is to let it turn off on its own. If you want to turn off by force, I have explained the various methods you can use. You can try any of these method and let me know your feedback with the Calculator Model Number.
Please share your feedback about this post in the comments section.