Everybody loves Facebook and it’s timeline. But, off late, the timeline has become more cluttered with the Facebook Ads which is annoying most of the times. How do we get rid of these ads in your timeline? Is it really possible to get rid of ads completely? I will answer all your questions in this post. Let’s find out how to stop ads in Facebook.
Get rid of Sponsored Ads using the Hide Ads option.
There are two ways in which Facebook delivers ads on your timeline. The first method is by just encroaching in your timeline without asking for permission from you. You don’t own the Facebook yet, right?
It might not be possible to completely get rid of the sponsored ads in Facebook, but you can certainly reduce it to an extent that it does not annoy you. How do we do that? Please follow the below steps:
- Go to your Facebook timeline.
- Find any Sponsored Ads. Sponsored Ads are marked “Sponsored” below the title of the post. Check the arrow mark in the image above.
- You will also find the three dots in the top right corner of the sponsored post. Click on it.
- You will see the option to Hide Ad. Click on it.
- A pop-up will ask you for the reason to Hide Ad. You have to choose the correct option. It would be better to select “Irrelevant” as the Facebook will resist from showing you any Ad of same category again.
- After selecting the appropriate reason, click on “Done”.
- Now, you will see a message “Ad Hidden” and will show you the ways to manage your ad preferences. You can click on “Manage your Ad Preferences” and choose the type of ads that you would like to see. You would be able to control the choice of ads. It will be actually helpful to you.
- That’s it. You can control the choice of your ads this way and also limit the amount of ads that is shown on your timeline.
How to stop targeted ads on Facebook using Privacy option
Have your ever wondered how Facebook is able to show you the ads related to the same products that you searched on Google or Amazon or any other websites? How is Facebook able to show you the targeted ads for the products which you are looking for? The reason lies in the Privacy Settings of your Facebook account. I am sure you have never bothered to look at those “silly” settings, but I believe anything related to your Privacy should matter to you.
Anyways, let me show you how you can tweak the Privacy Settings in your Facebook account to stop Facebook from showing you targeted ads.
- Go to your Facebook Settings. To go to your Facebook settings, you have to click on the “inverted triangle” shape on the top-right corner of the Facebook.
- You will find “Settings” as the last-second option. Click on it.
- You should click on the “Ads” option in the menu in the left side-bar.
- Click on the ” Ads based on your activity on Facebook Company Products that you see elsewhere” option.
- In the last line, you would see the text “See ads based on my Facebook ad preferences on apps and websites off of the Facebook Companies”. You can set this option to “Not allowed” from the dropdown button below the text. It will stop all targeted ads delivered to you.
You should change the Facebook setting as suggested to you above if you are finding the Facebook ads annoying. You should know that it would not be possible to completely eliminate the Facebook Ads as it is the main source of Facebook’s income.
Hope the above post has explained you the process of how to stops ads in Facebook properly.
Please share your feedback in the comments section.
You might also like this post – How to delete Whatsapp Group permanently and How to delete archived Facebook messages on iPhone.