If you are using Jio 4G for voice-calling, you must know how to set caller tune in Jio absolutely free by activating JioTunes. If you don’t know it yet, don’t worry. I am writing this post to help the Jio users to understand the process of setting caller tune.
1. How to set caller tune in Jio using My Jio App
The easiest way to set Jio Caller Tune is using the My Jio App in your mobile phone. If you have not installed the My Jio App, you can install the same by going to the Google Play Store in Android Phone and App Store in iOS phones. Let’s set the caller tune in Jio using My Jio App:
- First of all, open the My Jio App in your mobile phone.
- Tap on the “JioTunes” option in the App Menu.
- You will see the option to search songs. Type in the song that you want to set as caller tune in the “Search” option.
- After finding the song of your liking from the search option, you can preview the caller tune. If the caller tune is okay for you, tap on “Set as Jio Tune” to select the caller tune.
- You will see a “Success” message confirming that the caller tune has been set. You will also receive the confirmation by SMS.
2. How to set Caller Tune in Jio using JioSaavn App
Apart from the My Jio App option of setting caller tune, you can also set Jio Tunes using JioSaavn App. Let’s see the process:
- Open the JioSaavn App in your mobile phone. If you don’t have this App, install one.
- Search for the song that you are looking to set as JioTune for your mobile phone. After finding the required song, select it and tap on the “Set JioTune” button.
- A pop-up will show with the selected song in the App. You can preview the song and if you find it okay, tap on the “Set JioTune” button for final confirmation.
- You JioTune is now set and you will receive a confirmation message by SMS.
3. How to set Caller Tune in Jio using SMS
The old method of setting caller tune using SMS is still available for the Jio Users. Let’s see how it can be done:
- First of all, you have to type “JT” in your SMS and send it to 56789.
- You will receive a message : To search for a song or manage your JioTunes account, reply to this message with one of the category numbers below: 1. Bollywood 2. Regional 3. International. To search for a specific song, reply with the first 3 words of the song (up to 40 char), To search for a movie, reply with MOVIE<Movie Name>, To search for an album, reply with ALBUM<Album Name>, To search for a singer, reply with SINGER<Singer Name>.
- Send the relevant reply using any one of the options given in the received message.
- After replying with the required song information, you will receive another message asking for confirmation to use this caller tune for all callers. Please reply with the given option number.
- You will receive another message asking for confirmation to activate the caller tune. Please reply by typing “Y” within 30 minutes of receiving the message.
- You will receive the final message with confirmation that the JioTunes has been activated.
4. Copy the Caller Tune
There would be many instances when you would be calling some person from your phone and you will hear the caller tune. If the caller tune is really good, you would also wish to set it for your phone as well. For Jio users, it is actually possible. You can copy the caller tune and set it for your self. Let’s see how:
- Call on the mobile number of the person whose caller tune you want to set on your phone.
- While the call is getting connected, press * in the keypad of your phone.
- You will receive a message asking for confirmation to set the caller tune with the song of your choice. Please reply with “Y” in the message within 30 minutes of receiving the message.
- Your caller tune will be activated immediately.
So, I hope the above 4 methods of setting caller tune will be useful to all the Jio 4G user. Please let me know whether you liked this post on how to set caller tune in Jio.
You might be interested in the following post: