Do you own an Airtel DTH? Are you confused about the process of selection of channels in Airtel DTH? Worry not, you will find the solution to your problem right here.
First of all, let us understand why is there such confusion regarding channel selection in DTH? In 2019, the TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) brought a new rule by which the DTH and Cable TV subscribers had to shift to the new pricing regime. The old pricing system is no longer valid. Those subscribers who did not migrate to the new plans of their choice, their plan changed automatically to the new base plan by default.
How to select channels in Airtel DTH using Airtel Digital TV Portal
The easiest method to select the channels in Airtel DTH is by using the Airtel Digital TV Portal. You can follow the steps give below to select the channels of your choice:
- Login to the Airtel Self-Care Portal by visiting this URL – https://www.airtel.in/s/selfcare?normalLogin. You can use your Airtel Mobile Number or your Service ID to log in to your Airtel Self-Care Portal. You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and log in to your account. You can also use your Gmail, Facebook or M-Connect account to log in to the Portal.
- Click on the “Dish” symbol under the Overview Menu and then, select the “Connection” option. A notification will pop-up with message “Attention Required”.
- Now, click on “Upgrade Now” button and click on the “A-La Carte” option.
- You can now select the channels of your choice. You are allowed to select up to 75 channels. There are 25 channels which are part of the base pack and it comes with your plan by default. You also have the option to choose your plan from the Broadcaster Bouquet.
- After selecting your required channels, click on “Continue”.
- The grand total of the channels that your selected displays on screen.
- After you okay it, your customized list of channels will be activated in your DTH Plan.
- If you want to remove any channels that you do not want, you can follow the same process and remove the channels as per your wish.
Selecting Channels in Airtel DTH using Airtel Thanks App
You have to follow the steps given below to select the channels using Airtel Thanks App:
- Open your PlayStore / AppStore in your phone.
- Search and install Airtel Thanks App (if not installed yet).
- Log in to your Airtel App using your Service ID of DTH or registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP receive on your mobile number. You are now successfully logged in to Airtel Thanks App.
- Tap on “My Account”.
- Tap on “Connections”
- You will see “”View All” button in the bottom. Tap on it.
- Now, you can add or remove the channels of your choice in “A-La Carte” section subject to maximum of 75 channels. The base-pack of 25 channels will remain in your DTH Plan by default. You cannot remove it.
- You have successfully selected your channels. Congratulations.
How to select channels in Airtel DTH using Customer Care
The following options are available to contact Airtel Digital TV Customer Care. You have contact them and explain your requiqements.
- Toll Free Number: 1800-103-6065
- USSD Code: *121*6#
- Email: [email protected]
Hope the above solutions regarding selection of channels in Airtel DTH will help you. If you have any questions, you can share the same in our comments section.