Airtel offers a lot of options to subscribe to various channels in Airtel Digital TV. After the TRAI brought new pricing regime in the DTH market, Airtel has also made a lot of changes in their plans as per TRAI ruling. Moreover, Airtel is also working of improving customer experience. As part of bringing more convenience to customer, Airtel offers its DTH customer the option to subscribe to channels by scanning QR Code in Airtel Digital TV. There are many Airtel DTH Customers who don’t know about this. I will share you the process of how to scan QR Code in Airtel Digital TV to subscribe to channels.
“With an aim to make this transition even more convenient and seamless for its customers, Airtel is now enabling them to opt for their favourite channels with just a QR code scan on their television screen. Customers can make their own plans or select from a range of recommended plans as per the new TRAI guidelines on channel number 998 on Airtel digital TV. Yes, it is as easy as viewing all channels and their prices, selecting them and finally just scanning a QR code to activate their selection,” Airtel said in a statement.
Scanning QR Code in Airtel Digital TV
You have to follow the steps give below to scan QR Code in Airtel Digital TV:
- Take your TV remote and select channel 998 in Airtel Digital TV.
- You have to select from the two options – 1. Airtel’s recommendations (based on user history) OR 2. Make your own plan.
- Mostly, the people would select Option 2 to select the channels as per their choice.
- After selecting Option 2, you will have two options – 1. A-La Carte (list of channels based on genre, i.e. language, movies, news, entertainment, etc.) OR 2. Broadcaster Bouquet (list of channels based on broadcaster offerings, i.e. Sony, Star, Zee, Sun, etc.). Select the appropriate choice as per your wish.
- You can buy the whole package or buy channels individually as per your requirement. You have to select the package or channels and then, press on the Submit button.
- Now, you have to activate your selection by selecting from the two options – 1. Alphanumeric SMS Code OR 2. QR Code.
- If you want to use the QR Code option, you have to select Option No. 2. Now, you have to scan the QR Code using your mobile phone. After scanning the QR Code, an SMS will be sent automatically from your mobile phone for activation of the selected channels.
- After completing the above steps, your selected plan will be activated successfully.
So, it is a fairly simple process to scan your QR Code in Airtel Digital TV.
If you want to know more about this process or have any question, you can share the same in comments section.