Have you thought of porting your Vodafone Mobile Number to Airtel? You will need to know the porting process before you can port Vodafone to Airtel. You should also know about the documents which are required to comply with the porting process. There are many questions which comes in mind while you think of porting your Vodafone mobile number to Airtel. I will answer all these questions in a very simple way in this post. All the steps involved to port Vodafone to Airtel will be shared in detail here.
Steps to Port from Vodafone to Airtel
The following steps will help you in successfully porting your Vodafone Mobile Number to Airtel.
- Send an SMS from your Vodafone Number with text “SMS <10-digit Mobile Number>” to 1900. To give you an example, if your mobile number is 9999999999, you should send an SMS with text “SMS 9999999999” to 1900.
- You will receive a reply with the Unique Porting Code (UPC). The whole porting process is based on this porting code. So, you should save it properly. The validity of the UPC is also mentioned in the message received by you. The porting process must be completed before the validity date.
- Carrying your UPC Code, you should visit your nearest Airtel Store or Airtel Retailer. The KYC documents is also required to be submitted. The KYC documents include Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. For KYC, you should carry your Aadhaar Card, original & photocopy of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address to complete the KYC formalities and submit your MNP application.
- Submit your MNP Application, Aadhaar Card, Proof of Identity and Proof of Address along with Unique Porting Code to the executive at Airtel Store or Airtel Retailer.
- If the Port-In request is within same telecom circle of Airtel, it will take around 48 hours to complete the porting request. For Port-In request from other telecom circle, the time taken is around 5 days to complete the porting request.
For your post-paid Vodafone connection, you should ensure that you have cleared all your due payments before porting. If there is any payment pending from your side to Vodafone, your request to port from Vodafone to Airtel will be denied.
Your Vodafone SIM will remain active till your Port-In request is not accepted.
How to activate Airtel SIM after porting from Vodafone to Airtel
You should follow the steps give below to activate your Airtel SIM Card after porting:
- On receiving the new Airtel SIM Card, you should insert the SIM in your phone and wait for the Network Signal to appear on the screen of your phone.
- Call 59059 from your new Airtel SIM to complete the tele-verification process.
- You have to provide the OTP received on your registered Alternate Number for tele-verification.
- After completing tele-verification, your Airtel SIM will be activated in two hours time.
I hope that you are able to successfully port your BSNL Mobile Number to Airtel. If you have any query, please do share the same in the comments section.
You can also read my post on how to port BSNL to Jio.
Also, read my post on how to port from BSNL to Airtel.