Do you plan to port your BSNL mobile number to Jio? It is important for you to know how to port from BSNL to Jio. You should also know about the documents required to port from BSNL to Jio. You might also be wondering how many days it would take for the new SIM to activate after porting from BSNL to Jio. I will be explaining all these details step-by-step in this post for BSNL users to migrate to Jio without any problem.
Steps to Port from BSNL to Jio
Please follow the steps given below to complete your process of porting from BSNL to Jio.
- Send an SMS from your BSNL Mobile Number with text “SMS <10-digit Mobile Number>” to 1900. For example, if your mobile number is 1234567890, you have to send an SMS with text “SMS 1234567890” to 1900.
- You will receive an SMS with the Unique Porting Code based on which your Porting Request will be processed. The validity of the Unique Porting Code will also be mentioned in the SMS. You have to complete the Porting Process before the validity date expires.
- After receiving the Unique Porting Code, you have to visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the Porting Code. You also have to carry your Aadhaar Card, original & photocopy of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address to complete the KYC formalities and submit your MNP application.
- Submit your MNP application after providing the Unique Porting Code and the required KYC documents to nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer.
- For the Port-In requests are within same telecom circle, it will take around 3 days to complete the porting request. If the Port-In request is from other telecom circle, it will take around 5 days to complete the porting request.
If you have a post-paid connection, you should make sure that you clear all your due payments to BSNL before porting. If there is any payment pending from your side, BSNL will decline your request to port from BSNL to Jio.
While your Port-In Request is being processed, your BSNL SIM will continue working normally.
How to activate Jio SIM after porting from BSNL to Jio
To activate your Jio SIM Card after porting, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Call 1977 from your new Jio SIM to complete the tele-verification process.
- You have to provide Five-Digit PIN received on your Alternate Number OR last 4 digit of your Aadhaar / Voter ID / Passport Number for tele-verification.
- After tele-verification, your Jio SIM will be activated in two hours time.
I hope that the above guide will help you in porting from your BSNL Mobile Number to Jio. If you have any questions, please feel free to share the same in the comments section.
You can also read my post on how to port from Airtel to BSNL