Are you planning to port your BSNL mobile number to Airtel? Do you know the process of porting from BSNL to Airtel? Are you aware of the documents required to port from BSNL to Airtel. How many days will it take to activate the new Airtel SIM after porting from BSNL? I will be answering all these questions and also explain the step-by-step process to migrate from your BSNL mobile number to Airtel.
Steps to Port from BSNL to Airtel
You will have to follow the steps given below to complete your process of porting from BSNL to Airtel.
- Send an SMS from your BSNL Mobile Number with text “SMS <10-digit Mobile Number>” to 1900. For example, if your mobile number is 1234567890, you have to send an SMS with text “SMS 1234567890” to 1900.
- You will receive an SMS with the Unique Porting Code based on which your Porting Request will be processed. The validity of the Unique Porting Code will also be mentioned in the SMS. You have to complete the Porting Process before the validity date expires.
- After receiving the Unique Porting Code, you have to visit your nearest Airtel Store or Airtel Retailer with the Porting Code. You also have to carry your Aadhaar Card, original & photocopy of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address to complete the KYC formalities and submit your MNP application.
- Submit your MNP application after providing the Unique Porting Code and the required KYC documents to nearest Airtel Store or Airtel Retailer.
- If the Port-In request is within same telecom circle of Airtel, it will take around 48 hours to complete the porting request. For Port-In request from other telecom circle, the time taken is around 5 days to complete the porting request.
If you have a post-paid connection, you should make sure that you clear all your due payments to BSNL before porting. If there is any payment pending from your side, BSNL will decline your request to port from BSNL to Airtel.
While your Port-In Request is being processed, your BSNL SIM will continue working normally.
How to activate Airtel SIM after porting from BSNL to Airtel
To activate your Airtel SIM Card after porting, you should follow the steps given below:
- After receiving the new Airtel SIM Card, you have to insert the SIM in your phone and wait for the Airtel Network Signal to appear on your phone.
- Call 59059 from your new Airtel SIM to complete the tele-verification process.
- You have to provide the OTP received on your registered Alternate Number for tele-verification.
- After tele-verification, your Airtel SIM will be activated in two hours time.
I hope that the above guide helps you in successfully porting from your BSNL Mobile Number to Airtel. If you have any query, please do share the same in the comments section.
You can also read my post on how to port BSNL to Jio.