Have you been planning to port your Airtel Mobile Number to Jio? Are you attracted by the low Jio tariffs and thought of switching to Jio? There are many Airtel users who have had this thought and also decided to migrate to Jio. For all prospective Jio subscribers switching from Airtel, I have written this post with details on how to port Airtel Mobile Number to Jio.
This step-by-step guide will help Airtel users to port their number to Jio without any complication. This Airtel to Jio Porting Guide will explain you the complete process starting from placement of porting request to activation of new Jio SIM after completing the porting process.
Steps to Port from Airtel to Jio
If you are an Airtel User looking to port your number to Jio, you have to take the following steps:
- Send an SMS from your Airtel Mobile Number with text “SMS <10-digit Mobile Number>” to 1900. For example, if your mobile number is 9876543210, you have to send an SMS with text “SMS 9876543210” to 1900.
- You will receive an SMS with the Unique Porting Code based on which your Porting Request will be processed. The validity of the Unique Porting Code will also be mentioned in the SMS. You have to complete the Porting Process before the validity date expires.
- After receiving the Unique Porting Code, you have to visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the Porting Code. You also have to carry your Aadhaar Card, original & photocopy of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address to complete the KYC formalities and submit your MNP application.
- Submit your MNP application after providing the Unique Porting Code and the required KYC documents to nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer.
- For the Port-In requests are within same telecom circle, it will take around 3 days to complete the porting request. If the Port-In request is from other telecom circle, it will take around 5 days to complete the porting request.
For post-paid users, it is necessary to clear all outstanding payments due to Airtel before porting process is started. If there are any unclear due to be paid to Airtel, you will not be able to port your Airtel Mobile Number to Jio.
While your Port-In Request is being processed, your Airtel SIM will continue working normally.
How to activate Jio SIM after porting from Airtel to Jio
To activate your Jio SIM Card after completing the porting process, you should take the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to call 1977 after inserting your new Jio SIM in your phone to complete the tele-verification process.
- During the tele-verification, you will receive a 5-digit PIN on your alternate number which you have to provide to the Customer Care Executive for compelting verification. You also have an option to provide last 4 digit of your Aadhaar / Voter ID Card / Passport Number to tele-verify.
- After completing tele-verification, you have to wait for around two hours for your Jio SIM to get activated.
I hope that the above guide will help you in porting from your Airtel Mobile Number to Jio. If you have any questions, please feel free to share the same in the comments section.
You can also read my post on how to port from Airtel to BSNL