The linking of Aadhar with Bank account was mandatory till September 2018. In September 2018, the Supreme Court ruled that except for linking of Aadhar with Income-Tax Returns and with PAN Card, it is not mandatory to link Aadhar with Bank Accounts, Mobile Numbers, School Admissions, etc. Also, the Supreme Court ruled that Aadhar cannot be the mandatory document as Proof of Identity or Proof of Address and other documents like PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, etc. are also equally valid. In spite of the Supreme Court ruling, the facility of linking your Aadhar with your Bank Account is available with all the banks. I am writing this post to explain how to link Aadhar with SBI Bank Account in 2019.
How to link Aadhar with SBI Bank Account
You can link your Aadhar with SBI Bank account through various methods. I will share all the methods here for your reference.
1. Link Aadhar using SBI Internet Banking
It is a very simple & straight-forward method where you have to log-in to the SBI Internet-Banking and link your Aadhar with the bank account. I will explain the process step-by-step:
- Go to the SBI Net-Banking portal – www.onlinesbi.com and log-in using the Net-Banking User Name and Password of your SBI Bank Account.
- Click on “My Accounts” in the menu and select “Link your Aadhar Number”.
- In the downloaded page, you will find the option to select the account number to which the Aadhar number is to be linked. You have to select the Account Number as per your choice.
- Please input your Aadhar Number against the selected Bank account.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- You will be asked to confirm the last 2 digits of your mobile number. Please confirm the same if it is correct.
- You have done your part now. You will receive the message confirming the linking of your Aadhar with SBI Bank account in few days.
2. Link Aadhar using SBI Anywhere App
If you are using SBI Anywhere App for doing your SBI Bank Account-related transactions, you can use this App to link Aadhar also. The process is as follows:
- Open the SBI Anywhere App and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Requests” option in the App
- You will find the option “Aadhar Linking”. Tap on it.
- Now, you have to select the CIF from the available options in the dropdown list.
- You will see an option to enter your Aadhar Number. Enter it.
- You will have to accept the T&C by selecting it.
- Tap on the “Submit” button.
- You will be updated by SMS on your registered mobile number once the linking is done.
3. Visit your nearest SBI ATM
The other option to link your Aadhar Card with your SBI Bank Account is using the SBI ATM. You have to follow the below steps:
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM with your Debit/ATM Card.
- Swipe your SBI ATM/Debit Card as you normally do to withdraw money.
- Enter your ATM/Debit Card PIN Number.
- After entering the PIN, select “Service – Registrations” from the Menu in the ATM Display.
- Select the option “Aadhar Registration”
- Select the Account Type from the options given.
- Enter your Aadhar Number.
- Re-enter the Aadhar Number for re-confirmation.
- Aadhar linking process is completed and you will be notified through SMS about the status of Aadhar linking with your bank account.
4. Visit your nearest SBI Branch
To use this method, you have to visit your SBI Bank Branch with a request letter to link your Aadhar Number with your SBI Bank Account. You will have to attached the copy of Aadhar Card along with the request letter. Submit the letter to the Bank representative. Once the linking process is completed, you will be notified by SMS about the linking status.
I have explained in details the process of how to link Aadhar with SBI account online as well as offline. If you have any doubt about the process, please feel free to share your concerns in the comments section.
If you would like to know how to change name in Aadhar Card, please read this post – How to change name in Aadhar Card