It happens to me a lot. I buy a SIM and insert it in my phone. I forget the mobile number allotted to me and I start looking for ways to find my number. Having faced this problem myself, I decided to write this post on how to know my Jio number if I have forgotten/lost it.
If you go to Jio.com website, you will find only one solution for Jio Number Check using My Jio App. I will share all available options to check the jio number of your phone.
There are few things you should ensure before checking the Jio number. Your Jio number should be active. If your Jio number is inactive, you will face some issues in checking Jio number.
Let’s see the methods you can use to check Jio number.
1. How to know my Jio number using My Jio App
This method is fairly simple & straight-forward. I will list the steps involved in find out my Jio Number
- You will need the “My Jio App” in your phone. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can install it from the Playstore / Appstore.
- Please make sure that the SIM of which you want to find the number is active and inserted in your phone.
- Open the “My Jio App”
- Sign in to your My Jio App by selecting “Sign in with SIM”. You can also sign in using Jio ID & Password.
- Once you are signed in, you will find your mobile number on the top left corner of the screen.
Very simple, right. This is the same process which is also provided on the Jio website.
Let’s look at other methods.
2. By calling someone nearby
If your Jio number is active and you just want to check the number, the simplest method is to call anyone nearby using the Jio number. You can get your Jio number from the received call log of the person you called.
3. By using SMS
Another method to find out the Jio Number is by SMS. Let’s see how it works.
By sending SMS through Jio Number:
- Open the Messaging App
- SMS “Jio <your IMEI number>” to 199 from your Jio number.
- You will receive the reply mentioning your Jio Number associated with the IMEI number of your mobile handset.
By sending SMS through non-Jio Number:
- Ensure that the Jio SIM for which you want the number is inserted.
- Open the Messaging App
- SMS “Jio <your IMEI number>” to 7021799999 from your non-Jio number.
- You will receive the reply mentioning your Jio Number associated with the IMEI number of your mobile hanset.
4. How to know my Jio number through Jio Customer Care
The steps to find out your Jio number using Jio Customer Care is as under:
- Call on Jio Customer Care No. 199 or 198 using the Jio Sim of which you want to find the number.
- Speak to the customer care representative and explain your requirement.
- The customer care representative will help you out with the Jio number.
Now, I believe it should not be difficult for you to check the Jio number of your SIM. Please do share your concerns regarding any Jio issues by writing in the comments section below.
Please check the below posts, too. You might like it: