Job-seekers create a Naukri account immediately after finishing their education to start looking for job opportunities to build their career. After finding the new job, Naukri.com users keep on receiving emails & calls for new job opportunties. You have stopped looking for a new job because you are either satisfied with the job or you have started your own business or you just don’t need Naukri.com to find your new job. It might be the case that you also want to pause your Naukri.com account for some time till you start look for the new job. For users who don’t want their Naukri acount any more, I will show you how to delete Naukri account in this post.
There are two ways to delete/deactivate your Naukri account in 2020. The first method I will show you would be to completely delete the account from Naukri.com. The second method will enable you to deactivate your Naukri account as long as you wish.
Things you should know before deleting Naukri account
- Once you delete your Naukri account, your profile on Naukri.com will be deleted permanently.
- You will not be able to use the same email address for opening a new Naukri.com account once deleted. Your email address will be permanently blocked on Naukri.com website.
- You should check whether your Naukri account will be of some use in future, if not now. If you are going to use it in future, it would be wise to deactivate the account instead of deleting it.
- If you doubt that your Naukri account might be useful sometime in future, you should resist from deleting your account. The better choice would be to deactivate your account which is as good as deleting your account as long as you do not log in to your Naukri account again. Logging in to your Naukri account will re-activate your account.
- I have shared the method to deactivate the Naukri account in this post itself. You can refer to it before deleting the Naukri account.
1. How to delete the Naukri Account
The process to delete Naukri account is very simple. I am sharing with you the entire process step-by-step to avoid any confusion.
- Go to your browser and open Naukri.com website.
- Log in to your Naukri.com account using your username & password.
- Move the curson on “My Naukri” in the top-right corner of the website and click on “Settings” from the available options.
- “Communications and Privacy” page will load by default after selecting the “Settings” option.
- In the bottom of the “Communications and Privacy” page, you will find a small paragraph with a title “Not looking for a job now” and at the end of the paragraph, there will be a “Read more” link. Click on it.
- Now, the account deactivation/deletion dropdown field with text “Your account will be deactivated for” will be enabled after the “Not looking for a job now” paragraph. In the dropdown, there will be two options – 1. Deactivate till next login and 2. Delete Account. Select “Delete Account”
- You will asked for the reason to delete account. Click on the appropriate reason from the options given and click on the “Delete Account” button.
- You will be asked to re-enter your Naukri.com password. Enter the password.
- Your account will be deleted in 24 hours.
If you have any query about the above process, please reply in the comments section below. I will try to clear your queries.
Now, for those who do not want to delete their Naukri account, but want the email & notifications from Naukri.com to stop, I am sharing the method to deactivate the Naukri account. It will put full stop to all emails & notifications from Naukri.com as long as you do not log in again in the Naukri portal.
2. How to deactivate your Naukri account
For those of you who are not looking for a new job and also do not want emails from Naukri.com notifying you of new job opportunities, the best option is to deactivate your Naukri account. Let’s understand the process step by step:
- Go to your browser and open the Naukri.com website.
- Log in your Naukri.com account using your username/email and password
- Move the cursor on “My Naukri” in the top-right corner of the website and click on “Settings” from the available options.
“Communications and Privacy” page will load by default after selecting the “Settings” option.
In the bottom of the “Communications and Privacy” page, you will find a small paragraph with a title “Not looking for a job now” and at the end of the paragraph, there will be a “Read more” link. Click on it.
Now, the account deactivation/deletion dropdown field with text “Your account will be deactivated for” will be enabled after the “Not looking for a job now” paragraph. In the dropdown, there will be two options – 1. Deactivate till next login and 2. Delete Account. Select “Deactivate till next login”.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Click on “Deactivate and Logout” button.
- Your account will be deactivated and you will be logged out of the Naukri.com account.
- Your account will not be activated again till your login to your Naukri account again.
Remember that your deactivated Naukri.com account is as good as deleting your account but with a safer option to reactivate your account whenever you wish. Now, let’s see what happens if you want to restore your deleted (not deactivated) Naukri account.
Can I restore the deleted account?
If I have to answer the above question in one word, the answer will be : No. You cannot restore the deleted Naukri account with the same email address which you used while creating the deleted Naukri account. Naukri.com will not accept the email address of any deleted account as per their policy.
If you desperately want a Naukri account after deleting the old Naukri account, the only option available for you is to create a new account with a different email address.
Hope I have addressed issues related to the Naukri account deletion/deactivation process to your understanding. If you have any queries, please feel free to share the same in the comments section.
You can read my post on how to block companies in Naukri.com if you want to block any company in your Naukri account.