Some BSNL Broadband customers have been raising complaints about excess billing due to high internet usage in spite of using it reasonably. The reason behind the excess billing might be because your WiFi password must have got leaked. Some unknown person might be using your WiFi connection to access internet. It is a risk associated with all WiFi connections and it is frequently found that WiFi passwords get hacked or stolen by some unknown individual.
To prevent unauthorized WiFi connections, you should change your WiFi Password immediately. I have created this post specifically for users who don’t know how to change BSNL WiFi Password. This post will serve as a guide to those who want to change their BSNL WiFi password.
Steps to change BSNL WiFi Password
You have to follow the steps given below the change your BSNL WiFi Password
Step 1: Log in to your Router/Modem’s Admin Area
- To log in to your BSNL Router/Modem’s Admin Area, you have to open the browser in your PC. Type in 192.168.1.1 in the Address Field of the Browser and press ENTER.
- Now, you have to enter the User Name and Password for logging in to the Admin Area. Generally, the default User Name is admin and Password is also admin to login to the Admin Area. The default user name and password of the Admin Area is normally available on the back of the router.
Step 2: Change your WiFi Password
- After logging into the Router Admin Area, you have to click on the “Configuration” option from the Menu. Then, select “Wireless Network” option.
- If you want to change the name of your WiFi Network, you can change the same by entering new name in the “Network Name (SSID)” field provided in the Global Settings section.
- Now, you have to change the password by entering a strong new password in “WPA Pass Phrase” field provided in the Security Settings section.
- Click on “Confirm” to finalize the changes in the WiFi Network Name and the Password.
- You have successfully changed your WiFi Password.
Step 3: Restart your Router
- After the above steps, you have to restart your router to make the above changes work for you.
I hope that the above steps will work for you to change your BSNL WiFi password. If the above steps don’t work for you, you should call 1504 from your BSNL Phone. After calling 1504, you can contact BSNL Broadband Support to troubleshoot your problem.
You can also read this post on how to activate your BSNL SIM Card.