Due to the low cost 4G services offered by Reliance Jio, it has become the largest telecom player in India in a very short time. The Jio 4G Plans are very attractive in terms of the pricing. The low pricing has led a large number of people to migrate to the 4G services. There are many who have purchased the Jio Sim Card, but find it difficult to activate it for some or the other reason. In this post, I will explain you how to activate Jio Sim Card without any hiccups.
In this post, I will explain you how to activate Jio Sim Card without any hiccups.
What Jio offers
Jio offers 4G services including free voice-calling all over India, low cost data packs, SMS, ISD Calling Service, International Roaming, Jio Apps, Jio Phones, JioFi (MiFi) devices, etc. You have to purchase Jio Sim Card and activate it to avail these services on your phone or on the Jio Devices
How to purchase Jio SIM Card
You can purchase Jio Sim Card from any Jio Store. You can also avail the “Sim Home Delivery” service of Jio through Jio.com. To purchase a Jio Sim Card, you have to fill up the Customer Application Form. You also have to give one passport-sized photograph, one Proof of Identity (Aadhaar, Voter ID, PAN Card, etc.) and one Proof of Address (Aadhaar, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.) along with CAF. Reliance Jio is offering SIM Cards free of cost to its customers.
How to activate Jio Sim Card easily
The process of activating Jio Sim Card is very simple. I have listed in the right order below:
- Once you submit the CAF Form, photograph and required documents, you will get the Jio Sim Card from the Jio Store. In case of home delivery of SIM Card, the Jio Representative will collect the CAF Form, photograph and required documents from your home. After collecting the required documents, Jio Representative will issue the Jio Sim Card to you.
- After issue of the SIM Card, you will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number with the message that your Jio Sim Card is ready for tele-verification. You will receive the tele-verification SMS in 4-5 hours.
- Now, to complete the tele-verification process, there are two options. The first option is to dial 1977 if you want to activate both Voice & Data services. If you want to activate only data services for devices like JioFi, you have to dial 1800-890-1977. You should ensure that you call on the above numbers from your registered mobile number only.
- There are three options to tele-verify: 1. By entering 5 digit pin you received on the alternate number you provided to Jio. 2. By entering the last 4 digits of your Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Passport Number and 3. The last option is to reach the Jio contact center advisor to complete the tele-verification process.
- The best option to tele-verify is to give the last 4 digit of your Proof of Identity
- After completing the tele-verification process, your SIM Card will be activated in 2 hours.
- Congratulation, you have activated the Jio Sim Card.
The process of how to activate Jio SIM Card is fairly simple and straight-forward. If you do it the right way, you should not face any problem during the process. In you have any query, please feel free to share your questions in the comments section below.
If you own a JioFi device, I have written a post on how to change JioFi password. Hope it might be helpful to you.