Lot of my readers demanded a post on how to activate Airtel SIM Card. As per your demand, here is the post on Airtel SIM activation. I will share with you a complete step-by-step process of how to activate Airtel SIM after you have received a new Airtel SIM after purchasing, upgrading or porting your mobile number.
How to activate Airtel SIM Card for Prepaid Users
If you have bought a new Airtel Prepaid SIM, you have to follow the below steps to activate Airtel SIM Card:
- After submitting the KYC documents to Airtel and taking delivery of new Airtel SIM Card, you should wait for minimum 30 minutes.
- You should turn off your mobile phone in which you want to install your new Airtel SIM Card.
- You should open the SIM Slot in your mobile phone and insert the new SIM Card properly in the SIM Slot.
- Turn on your mobile phone after inserting the new SIM.
- Wait for the Network Signal to appear on the screen. After the Network Signal appears on your phone, dial 59059 and complete the tele-verification process.
- After tele-verification process, your Airtel SIM Card will be activated shortly.
- You might have to restart your phone one more time after the tele-verification process. It might be required for successful activation of your Airtel SIM.
How to activate Airtel SIM Card for Post-paid Users
If you are a BSNL Post-paid SIM user, you have to follow the below steps to activate BSNL SIM Card:
- After submitting the KYC documents to Airtel and receiving new Airtel SIM Card, you will have to wait for around 3 days for KYC process completion.
- After 72 hours, you should turn off your phone in which you would be inserting the new SIM.
- Locate the SIM Slot in your phone and insert the new Airtel SIM Card properly in the appropriate SIM Slot.
- After proper installation of SIM Card, you can switch on your mobile phone.
- Wait for the network signal to appear on the phone screen. Now, dial 59059 in order to complete the tele-verification process.
- After successful completion of tele-verification, the next step is address-verifcation. An executive will visit your given location to verify your address.
- After address verifcagtion, your Airtel SIM Card will get activated.
- If the SIM does not get activated, you can try restarting your phone one more time. It should activate your new Airtel SIM Card successfully.
How to upgrade your Airtel 2G or 3G SIM to Airtel 4G
You should follow the steps given below to upgrade your Airtel 2G or 3G SIM to Airtel 4G.
- Visit this URL – https://www.airtel.in/4g/upgrade-sim and enter the required information related to your Airtel Mobile Number which you want to upgrade.
- You will receive the SIM delivered to your location in 2-3 days as per the address provided by you at the time of filling the information on the url above.
- After receiving the new SIM, you have to note down the 20 digit SIM Number from the back of the SIM.
- You have to send an SMS to 121 with text “SIM <20 digit SIM Number>”. For example, if your SIM Number is 12345678912345678912, you have to send SMS to 121 with text “SIM 12345678912345678912”. You have to send this SMS from your old SIM since your new SIM is not activated yet.
- After sending the above message, you will receive a Confirmation Message with some options to be selected.
- You have to Reply with option 1 in the text.
- After few hours, you new Airtel 4G SIM Card will get activated successfully.
How to activate Airtel SIM Card after Porting from Jio, BSNL or Vodafone Idea
If the new Airtel SIM Card is received by you after porting from Jio, BSNL or Vodafone Idea, you waiting time will be minimum 3 days.i.e. 72 hours after the porting process is completed successfully. The procedure to activate your new SIM is the same as the one mentioned for Prepaid or Postpaid users as applicable. After waiting for the prescribed time, you can follow the steps given above based on whether you are a Prepaid or Postpaid user.
For any issues with activation of Airtel SIM Card, you can contact Airtel Customer Care to resolve your problem.
If you would like to upgrade your BSNL 3G SIM to 4G SIM, please read this post on how to upgrade your BSNL 3G SIM to 4G SIM.
If you would like to check your BSNL Balance, please read this post on how to check BSNL balance.
For setting caller tune in Airtel, please read my post on how to set caller tune in Airtel.